About Me

My photo
Stay at home Mom, with the greatest family! My awesome girls Burgandy and Senja keep me very busy, and my crazy husband keeps me laughing. I love to cook, travel, make crafts, throw parties, drink milk and sleep!

Dec 9, 2008

Giving is really the best part of Christmas.

Like a lot families at Christmas time the Van Wagenen's do the tradition of picking names out of a hat for our exchange of gifts. We set a $ limit and it is all very fun, but you don't always necessarily get something you really would of gone out and got yourself. I am also a little sure some those gifts ended up being regifted or ended up in a closet somewhere.
 (Not that I have ever done that! Really!) 
So, last year someone had the great idea (I think it was Heidi) that we should choose a family in need instead. It was a great! We all were given a child to buy for and bought them something there mother suggested they needed.  Well, us Van Wagenen girls are pretty thrifty and we were able to really stretched our $'s. 
It was really cool to see the big pile of gifts that would be under their tree Christmas Morning. 
So this year Heidi found this awesome charity called Heifer International. Heifer's Mission is to end hunger and care for our earth. They have this simple idea of giving families a source of food rather than a short term relief.
With our families pulled $'s we were able to give a family
a pig
a goat
and two honey beehives.
That Heidi is sure full of great ideas! 
Please check out Heifer.org and see what your family can do this year.

No comments:

What I Am Listening To At The Moment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My cute girls

My counter

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive

xoxoxo