About Me

My photo
Stay at home Mom, with the greatest family! My awesome girls Burgandy and Senja keep me very busy, and my crazy husband keeps me laughing. I love to cook, travel, make crafts, throw parties, drink milk and sleep!

Feb 21, 2009

Loved Loved Loved Slumdog Millionaire!!

I have been wanting to see this movie for months now and finally got to go tonight! I really wanted to see it before the Oscars.  I loved this story and it just breaks my heart that being orphaned and in the slums is so real and everyday life for way to many kids in this world!




This was such an incredible story, that I am sad it got a "R" rating. I almost always think the opposite about ratings, but this one was different.  If you know me at all I am kinda a ratings Nazi, and I am extremely cautious about what my girls watch.  This is for sure one I would let them see.  There are some hard scenes to watch, but I think it is important to let them know how lucky they are to live the life they do.

Ok bare with me and just let me ramble a bit.........
Just to show you a major example of this stupid ratings system we have, let me just tell you...
My daughter was invited to go see "Fired Up" tonight with some of her fellow cheerleaders. It is rated PG-13. Well my daughter is 14, so according to the ratings people it should be ok for her.
I had a little bit of a feeling from the advertisement of this movie that it probably was a little inappropriate, and I am so glad I looked it up. There is this web site, http://www.kids-in-mind.com/, that will tell us parents every single questionable scene in a movie.   This movie was just straight out ridiculous to be rated PG-13!!!! Just a little too much for me to tell you about on my blog, but this was the summary they gave of Fired Up...

PROFANITY 5 - 1 F-word (just the initial is used), there are numerous utterances of "FU" for "fired up" during a couple of large group scenes, 35 sexual references, 38 scatological terms, 44 anatomical terms, 42 mild obscenities, 2 exclamations, 12 derogatory terms for homosexuals, name-calling (retarded, "skeletor," idiot, "shwanz," jerk, cocky), 9 religious exclamations. [profanity glossary]

Just a little different from beautiful story I watched tonight!

1 comment:

April Van Wagenen said...

Ok- I know I already rambled, but I feel like I need to make this disclaimer.... This movie is not for all kids. I guess I just know my kids and I feel they are mature enough to see it . Please don't judge!

What I Am Listening To At The Moment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My cute girls

My counter

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive

xoxoxo