About Me

My photo
Stay at home Mom, with the greatest family! My awesome girls Burgandy and Senja keep me very busy, and my crazy husband keeps me laughing. I love to cook, travel, make crafts, throw parties, drink milk and sleep!

Jan 29, 2009

Moses Bread Recipe

So I hope I don't get in trouble from the Hill family for sharing this!

Moses Bread
3 cups of all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. rapid rise yeast.
(Don't use a metal bowl)

Whisk these ingredients together. Slowly add 1 1/2 cups warm water mixing with a wooden spoon just until combined. ( No kneading ! Yay!) Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let this sit on your counter 12 to 24 hours. (I think it is best to make the dough the night before and bake it the next day)

So about 2 1/2 hours before you plan on eating it ...
Sprinkle 1/4 cup of flour on your counter and scrap out the dough on to flour (it will be very sticky). 
Work the flour in just until it is easy to handle.
Form into a round loaf and place on parchment paper.
Spray loaf with pam and cover with your already used piece of plastic wrap.

After 1 1/2 hours heat your oven to 500 degrees and put a Le Creuset type pot in the oven. ( I used my dutch oven pot from my camping stuff, but you can also use a large pyrex pot)
After 30 min. remove plastic wrap and place the dough still on the parchment paper in pot.


Cover with lid.
 Reduce heat to 450 degrees. Cook 30 min. then remove cover and cook for more 10 min.
That's it!



 Remove from pan and eat it as soon as it is cool enough to cut without burning your fingers!!
Don't forget to slather with butter!!!!

1 comment:

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try it!

What I Am Listening To At The Moment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My cute girls

My counter

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive

xoxoxo